Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Wayne, Pennsylvania USA
The Systems Administrator (SA) reports to the Manager, IT & Operations. The SA is a subject matter expert (SME) for systems and SAN storage in the IT operations environment. The SA will possess the skills, attitude, communication skills, and hands-on experience necessary for monitoring and managing the existing Windows/Red Hat/Solaris/VMware/SAN server environment as well as DataDomain and Avamar infrastructure.
The systems environment at Elemica consists of virtual and physical servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x – 7.x, Solaris 9/10 and Windows Server 2003-2018 in a VMware 6.x environment. The SAN storage environment is comprised of Cisco MDS switches and VNX 5600 SAN with DataDomain and Avamar technologies to deliver data backup capabilities. The networking environment is Cisco Switches (Nexus, 3750x, etc.), Cisco Routers, Cisco ASA, and F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers
The scope of duties includes:
- Upkeep of the complete systems infrastructure (Cisco UCS, EMC VNX5600, VMWare, Solaris, Linux servers, Windows, Avamar, Data Domain) and all associated performance tuning, reporting, capacity planning, and patching
- Providing required support to other business/operations teams both at a project level and day to day operations
- Developing and implementing efficient operations management processes and guidelines including customer services support, availability and performance monitoring, and security for all aforementioned systems and infrastructure. This should also include careful planning of Change Controls to avoid customer impact while meeting agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
The ideal candidate will combine a strong knowledge of Cisco UCS Blade server technologies, Linux systems administration (specifically Red Hat Enterprise Linux), EMC data storage, DataDomain, Avamar, high availability/clustering, VMware virtualization software, Cisco networking, and Windows Server administration.
- Hands-on technical expertise in the areas of systems administration including EMC SAN, DataDomain, Avamar, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris, VMware, Cisco Networking and Windows Server 2003 and up
- Hands-on knowledge of Red Hat Satellite and Identity Management a plus
- Technical expertise in EMC SAN administration using Unisphere Unified Storage Management software to build LUN’s, storage groups, and host connectivity
- Technical expertise in SAN switch/zone configuration/administration
- Proactive in-depth monitoring, tuning and reporting of system and security environments
- Excellent planning, organizational, documentation, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills (Visio, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and willing/capable of inspiring/mentoring others on the team
- Ability to work independently on numerous activities and provide guidance to others on the team
- Strong communication skills (English written and verbal)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Network, WAN and VLAN management and troubleshooting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Participate in on-call rotation at a team level
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent experience, certifications, or extensive technical training. Red Hat or VMware certification is desired
Experience: 7+ years of related direct hands-on experience required supporting systems, storage, and virtual environments.
Travel Requirements: Minimal travel; 10-15%
Interested? Please send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elemica International, Inc. • 550 East Swedesford Rd, Suite 310 • Wayne PA 19087