Elemica offers a state-of-the-art supply chain operating network in the areas of customer & supplier management and logistics – promoting new levels of efficiency and profitability for a leaner and more fully optimized supply chain. Elemica’s clients achieve significant benefit from reduced cost of operations, faster process execution with fewer resources through the automation of key business processes, removal of transactional barriers, and seamless information flow between business partners.
All members of the Elemica team from our CEO to our newest entry-level employees are expected to adhere to a set of core values, which we think are critically important to our success.
Speed and Responsiveness – Delivering what you say when you say it, enabled through proper planning and discernment
Teamwork – Understanding we’re in this together, we approach challenges collaboratively while avoiding silo behavior
Exhibit Outside-In Decision Making – Ensuring an external market view drives intelligent and commercially viable choices
Embrace Responsibility – Accepting ownership and delivering positive outcomes despite obstacles I may encounter
Respect for Each Other – Conducting all interactions professionally with honesty, integrity, and candor
The Position – Solutions Architect (f/m/d)
(Location: ELEMICA EU HQ, Frankfurt/Germany)
The Solutions Architect reports to the Director-Customer Solutions, EMEA, within the Sales Organization, (reporting through to the SVP Sales, EMEA) and is responsible for creating desire for, and driving sales of, Elemica solutions. This candidate acts as an integrating and facilitating link between the Elemica Sales team, PS delivery teams, Product Management and clients. Refining and spreading the Elemica Vision internally and externally is one of the key tasks of this position.
- Support the Sales team on accounts, opportunities and projects
- Support the transformation from initial engagements to actionable opportunities
- Refine the scope of opportunities into actual deals with SOW and estimate, coordinate with PS delivery resources
- Create & manage RFP responses working alongside the sales lead
- Support go- to market solutions based on Elemica’s Product Platform
- Deliver “business analysis” engagements, define business requirements, design business processes that leverage Elemica’s platform, implement a ‘proof of concept’ solution and/or work with customers to develop a business case etc.
- Act as Advisor or PM on large critical customer engagements
- Liaison with Product Management and Product Development for current and roadmap products
- Work with Sales to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of pre-sales activities
- Prepare, tailor and deliver presentations/product demonstrations, as well as templates, demo scripts and scenarios working with product management, technical and PS resources as required
- Support the analysis of specific accounts to provide value engineering elements to a sales cycle
- Gather and document prospect’s high-level requirements through discovery meeting(s)
- Position the product to meet prospect’s needs
- Provide process and solution descriptions to illustrate how Elemica’s solution maps to client or prospects business process and requirements which are suitable for inclusion in proposals or for sharing knowledge about the engagement scope within Elemica
- Develop Statements of Work and RFP/RFI responses in support of the Account Manager/Sales lead
Product Management Support:
- Understand business and technical problems addressed by our software including business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
- Understand product direction and design from Product Management and Development. Also provide feedback from customers/prospects including gaps between product functionality and market/customer demand.
- Attendance at conferences and working with Subject Matter Experts to stay on top of changes in business issues/requirements/regulations/technology and understand where the market is going
The Experience and Skills Required
- Deep experience with Supply Chain and Logistics processes in manufacturing & distribution industries
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in consulting, business analysis and/or pre-sales for enterprise software solutions
- Experience with process industries (Chemical, Tire/Rubber, Oil& Gas, Pharma, Agro…)
- Proven ability to document and present ideas and solutions to customers and gain their acceptance
- Proven ability to coordinate teams in the pursuit and delivery of customer opportunities, sales cycles, RFP’s, customer projects and product innovations
- Demonstrated ability to form teams while solving complex business problems with large industrial customers
- Fluency in German and English
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Regular company travel expected
The Experience and Skills Desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP functional operational modules, especially SAP’s APO and/or other planning systems such as i2, Manugistics or similar.
- Integration experience with ERP systems (Oracle, SAP…) with a focus on Supply Chain and Analytics
- Knowledge of Supply Chain B2B technology (CIDX, IDOC, EDIFACT, ANSI, VDA, xCBL, GUSI)
- Additional European languages are a plus
- Master’s Degree
- Education preference is Business, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or Computer Science
The Personal Characteristics
- Must have the ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong client facing interpersonal and communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- Sound communication skills and experience working alongside other IT and business professionals
Interested? Please send your application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elemica International, Inc. • Herriotstr. 1 • D-60528 Frankfurt/Main