Evaluating Your Supply Chain Software with the Subway Map
What to consider in supply chain software for operational excellence
Recently, Supply Chain Movement published the Supply Chain Metropolitan IT Subway Map that highlights different types of supply chain software and the vendors that provide these solutions. Companies are allocated positions on the map based on the number of implementations and the revenue share for each software type. Companies with offices in European countries have a subway station on the map that touches different software lines according to how they rate over a minimum threshold of customers and/or revenue share.
When choosing a supply chain solution, it is essential to select vendors that are leaders in multiple categories and can grow with your business to support your business model, like Elemica. It would be best if you also decided if the functionality you need can be easily configured as you grow instead of you adopting all the time to the software. Look at your business goals and determine what solutions can help you meet these goals.
Supply chain software should be scalable and integrate easily with existing systems. Some supply chain solutions are purpose-built for a particular industry, while others reach across multiple industries. Most importantly, check on the reliability and strength of the vendor. You want to work with someone who has been around for a while and continually leverages the latest technologies in a proven manner as a true technology partner for the business.
From the Subway Map, companies can choose from:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Transport Planning System (route scheduling & optimization)
- Inventory Optimization
- Shipment & Transport Execution Platforms & Freight Management
- Global Trade Management
- Demand Planning & Forecasting
- Supply Chain Network Design
- Production Planning & Scheduling
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Manufacturing Execution System
- Supply Chain Visibility
- Real-time Transport Visibility
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Order Management System
Businesses looking for a particular type of supply chain software can click on the interactive map and see the vendors that provide those solutions. Elemica is one of only a handful of vendors that have five or more offerings on the map. If your business is looking for supply chain solutions, check out Elemica’s robust offerings, including:
- Supply Chain Visibility: Utilizes messaging and data transport that allows supply chain trading partners to keep track of items they need in real-time. Elemica Trace gives ultimate visibility into carrier shipments with route progress.
- Order Management System: Software that calculates the most efficient and cost-effective manner to execute and manage orders. Elemica offers purchase order management, VMI, invoice management, and QuickLink Email Buy, which integrates suppliers without requiring them to have integration software by automatically converting an electronic purchase order to email and send it to suppliers.
- Shipment & Transport Execution Platforms: Elemica MOVE helps businesses to connect to and collaborate with their logistics service providers for execution, visibility, and freight cost management.
- E-Procurement: Elemica automates procurement processes and provides visibility into inventory levels and shipment activities. Automate order-to-cash processes to improve working capital.
- Transportation Management System: With the acquisition of Eyefreight, Elemica now offers a Level Five TMS, which supports international transport with multi-language, multi-currency, and multi-time zones. A networked-TMS like Elemica Eyefreight gives full visibility into complex, global, transport processes, allowing you to reduce costs, improve performance, and minimize risks.
Check your potential Return on Investment (ROI), for digital supply chain transformation against industry benchmarks. See how Elemica is your partner for supply chain software, offering a wide variety of solutions in addition to the ones listed above including sourcing, freight payment, and real-time monitoring in conjunction with their patented, award-winning cloud-based platform. With Elemica, you can digitally transform your supply chain to create a competitive edge.